Generally, Google+ is still new in the market. Everyone wants to try something new and can’t resist joining the hype, especially since it was developed by the search engine giant – Google. Right now it is still too early to judge whether Google+ will denounce Facebook to be the king of social networks.
But with the learnings from Google Buzz (failure) and Facebook (success), we reckon there is a high chance Google+ will be the next social network of choice.
- Google+ has the ingredients to become the next Facebook. This can be seen through the fact that it “mirrors” Facebook to a good extent by enabling users to post and share.
- Google+ for business will be suitable for companies as well which is similar to Facebook.
- Companies can use Google Offers to include special offers for their fans and customers followed by another upcoming tool known as “Google Catalog”.
- No surprise that Google+ will find its way into being an integral channel to be used by companies to engage consumers and advertise their products.
Example of how Starbucks will looks like on Google Plus+
Below is the link for the upcoming apps from Google Catalogs:
- Potential to be big in future with the advantage of having it sync with Gmail, as well as the best search engine in the world along with other features from Google.
- With the new cool features “circles”, which provides better privacy, your conversations can be hidden from different groups of people.
- A simple and user-friendly interface that allows consumers to easily adapt. The layout looks like a mind map with different ‘nodes’ that opens up to areas where users can interact with friends.
- It may be a better option for the developers because of the speculation that while “Facebook is now taking 30 percent cut of every game developer’s business”, Google, by contrast which brings in over $30 billion in revenue each year, could easily afford to let developers keep all the money they generate.
- This coupled with the fact that Google also “has the fastest growing mobile distribution channel of any company (Android), would make for a very attractive platform for them to develop in.
Some of the features from Google+ that looks interesting and better than Facebook:
1. Google+ Hangouts:
Hangouts will let the unplanned meet-up come to the web for the first time. Let your buddies know you’re hanging out and see who drops by for a face to face chat.
2. Google Instant Upload
Instant Upload will let you upload your photos or videos instantly and automatically to a private album on Google+ and you need to do is select who to share them with.
3. Google Sparks
Sparks allows you to search for videos and articles that you like which you may want to share with your friends or other group of people in your circles. When you know other people’s interest in your circles, you can share related articles to them and they will surely appreciate it.
4. Google Huddle
Huddle is a good feature when a group of people need to make a decision to watch a movie or decide on a vacation place. Huddle will turn these conversations into one group chat and your guys can chat on the same page and make the final decisions.
- Mandatory to have a Gmail account to register as a Google+ user.
- Currently still in beta version, which lacking of features and apps to excite users.
- According to Chitika study, traffic peaked on the 21st of July and has been declining since. This is most likely due to the end of initial rush of excitement. Thus, this is only a post-site launch and time will now tell if Google+ will truly be the next king.
- Quick look for Google Plus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwnJ5Bl4kLI